Re: glibc 2.3.2 reinstalling from sources failed

Dear Dmitry,

please do not answer me in private mail when the conversation started on
the list. This is not your personal support forum.

"Dmitry M. Chepel" <assad@agava.ru> wrote:

> Hello Frank,
>
> Sanks for attention!

[...]
> FK> Why don't you have a look at the glibc source package? 2.3.2.ds1 is in
> FK> sarge, after all.
>
> if you speak about package receiving after
> apt-get source *2.3.2.ds1*
> than I has only Sarge Disk 1 and 2.
> And didn't want to download other disks.
> But if exists only this path I do it.

It seems as if one of the user lists (debian-user@l.d.o, or
debian-user-$language@l.d.o) would be more appropriate. After

apt-get source glibc

with appropriate entries in your sources list you shouldn't get any
disks. You get the debianized sources, with all the patches and the
configure options used. Anyway, AFAIK compiling glibc is not trivial -
you should expect that things go wrong, and that you need to do a lot of
googl'ing.

> if i download this needed disk  what kinf of command string to
> script configure I need to  type for compile default glibc?
>
>   --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads or I must find nptl for
>        glibc 2.3.2 and configure with him
>
> --with-tls /--without-tls or without this key of command string
>
> for safe bunitils

Either I don't understand your problem, or you don't understand what
debian/rules is for.

> Q: I can build and install glibc only from  source package
> fork smallest time to work?

I don't understand this sentence.

see above.

Regards, Frank