Re: Analysis of the ballot options

* Andreas Metzler (ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org) [040620 09:10]:
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> > * Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org) [040619 15:25]:
> [...]
> > Choice 6 is titled wrong. It's not a reaffirmation of the social
> > contract, it's an affirmation of a certain interpretation of the
> > social contract. An affirmation of another interpretation of the
> > social contract was not allowed to be put on the ballot.
> [...]

> I disagree. The whole mess we are in right now is caused by the fact
> that the "current SC" practically did away with other interpretations
> of the SC, and therefore choice 6 is not mislabeled.

I consider that the SC also wants that we release now, and that we can
fulfill only one requirements of the SC right now. So, the question
is, which requirement do we take first? And, putting weight on one
requirement, like Choice 6 does, is _one_ interpretation of the SC.
The other interpretation is that we need to release now, and solve the
non-free issues regarding non-software later.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/