Interested in comaintaining PostgreSQL?

Hi folks!

Given the past and current bug rate and other important tasks,
PostgreSQL's maintenance is a lot of work. Currently the daily work is
done only by me, Oliver Elphick (the primary mainainer) helps with
bug reports and develops a completely new architecture.

But I feel that I cannot keep up my current pace since I'm finishing
my diploma and have to do some important real-life issues soon.

Therefore Oliver and I would greatly appreciate more comaintainers. If
you are interested, actively use PostgreSQL yourself, have some time
to spare for improving the package, don't shy away from long debugging
sessions, and have the necessary resources to deal with the package[1]
we would like to welcome you in the team!

Development of the package happens on alioth with arch. Don't worry if
you are not familiar with arch, I will be happy to explain it to you.
If you know CVS, there is not much to learn for the common tasks.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

I wish everybody a nice day! Thanks in advance for your interest.

Martin Pitt
Oliver Elphick

[1]
The package is very big, you need about 500 MB for building the source
package and a decent network connection to up/download the stuff.

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org