Re: [Fwd: New Bitstream technology comes to Linux and Desktop/LX]

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 03:17:28PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > But it looks good, as all dangerous toys do, so I thought that it might
> > be of interest anyway.
>
> Meh.  Maybe some font fetishists will be interested in this but I can't
> see 99.9% of Linux users caring.  Certainly not enough to switch
> distributions for it. Freetype2 with proper tweaking gives excellent
> quality fonts.

These people are generally more interested in being told that their
fonts look better than they are in having fonts that look better.

[People who want decent fonts should almost certainly be using bitmap
fonts]

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |