Re: Uploading gabber 2 to unstable.

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 15:15, Goedson Teixeira Paixao wrote:
> Em Seg, 2004-06-14 às 12:28 -0400, Greg Folkert escreveu:
> > On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 09:52, Goedson Teixeira Paixao wrote:
> > First off, if 100% of the features (the documented features, not the
> > "undocumented" ones) in the 0.8.8 version are not there, it won't be a
> > viable replacement. I don't want to use a GAIM clone for Jabber.
>
> This why I am asking. I know there are features in gabber 0.8.8 which
> are not implemented in gabber 1.9.4 but since I've never used them, and
> don't know how important they are for other people. I'm trying to list
> the features that are used  to let upstream know what they should work
> on.
>
> > Among other thing, functions that exist like the IRC commands and
> > such... the ability to change the forums, whispering, etc... one on one
> > windows spawning from a conference.
>
> What do you mean by "ability to change the forums"?

Ability to edit the conference chat room subject, in IMCOM would be
//subject ziwt "How'd e' do that Mugsy?"

Or in gabber 0.8.8-4 edit the subject area. Seems you cannot do this in
Gabber2 (1.9.4-1 at least)

> > Last time I tried gabber2 it had an annoying feature that if you typed
> > and corrected you text and pressed enter in the text it would CR/LF
> > right the and mis
> >  format the text.
>
> Sorry, I didn't understand your statement.
EXAMPLE:

        Hi my name is greg, I have been a Jabber server maintainer for 3
        years

now notice my name is not Capitalized. I go back and edit before
sending, replace the g with a G then press enter this is what the
message displays like:

        Hi my name is G
        reg, I have been a Jabber server maintainer for 3 years

Hope this is clear enough.

> > Don't get me wrong Gabber2 Looks really good, I tried for a month, and
> > eventually going back to 0.8.8.
>
> And we hope someday you won't have to go back.
>
> Thank you for your feedback.

The most needed things are JUD browsing, REAL message handling
preferences, logging really nicely like 0.8.8-4 does, multiple
conference windows to different servers or just different chat-rooms on
the same server, as well as user data editing and so on. Jabber Message
Rules absolutely needed. Invites to other users, full message history,
GPG integration, basically anything in gabber 0.8.8-4, except the
docklet thinger which hasn't really worked since GNOME2.x

BTW, I did re-install gabber2 (1.9.4-1 from experimental) and it blew
chunks big time. See my other message earlier today.

Most of all, I would like to be able to use gabber as an admin interface
for Jabber rather than IMCOM... not that IMCOM isn't any good... just it
sticks out like a sore thumb on a pleasant GUI desktop.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup