[Fwd: New Bitstream technology comes to Linux and Desktop/LX]

This is a newsletter from the Lycoris Linux commercial distribution,
concerning something new in font/font management.
I'm not aware of the licencing details (I would be very surprised if it
could be classified as 'free'). Point the first.
Point the second: There seems to be an ever accelerating interest in the
proprietary section toward incorporating free/open source software into
"hybrid" environments. This has a double implication for me - (1)
Proprietary vendors wanting to incorporate FOSS to extend and enhance
marketability of their product/s. (2) The possibility of proprietary
interests incorporating FOSS into their productline, and then by way of
this assuming a legal posture in the possession aspect.
Point the third: Lycoris is based on a Caldera base, and I'm not sure
how this would stand with the SCO situation.
But it looks good, as all dangerous toys do, so I thought that it might
be of interest anyway.
Regards,

David.