Re: Firefox, the Release and what should a debian developer do?

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:45:01PM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> With the release of Firefox 0.9RC and the impending release of 0.9 I'm
> sure my inbox will be full of "where's the new firefox? if I don't get
> it soon I shall surely die" messages. Having gone through 0.7 -> 0.8,
> it certainly took a while to iron out a lot of the bugs. Perhaps 0.9
> will be better but only time and testing will tell. I'm worried
> upgrading to 0.9 will leave me with my pants down when the release
> happens.
>
> So I suppose I'm asking if any progress has been made toward the next
> release? A lot of lucky developers have been sunning themselves at
> DebConf, was there any progress there? I certainly don't want to start
> up old flame wars on GR or anything, but besides that since DI is
> really shaping up, are we missing anything else? Or do we think
> there's still a few months before any sort of general freeze?

Firefox is prerelease anyway isn't it? If we release sarge with a flakey
firefox, I'd be inclined to say it's prerelease, deal with it or use
mozilla.

That's my humble opinion anyway...

So go forth and package it, throw it in unstable, so long as it doesn't
break other stuff, which I can't see it doing.

regards

Andrew