Re: ITP: latexservice -- LaTeX service for GNUstep

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:41:18AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> schrieb:
> > Why is this only helpful for GNUstep users? I don't have to use an
> > entire GNUstep to find it useful.
>
> Granted: I have gnome and kde libraries installed, although I don't use
> any of those desktop environments: Some of the programs are useful to me
> (although I'd prefer to have the functionality without the GUI
> libraries).

Yes, I feel the same way. The programs I have installed on my machine I
have installed irrespective of the toolkits and libraries they use. That
is why I am not concerned about a set of programs identifying which
toolkit or set of libraries they use in the packge name.

> Even if I'd wanted to install also GNUstep libraries, I want you to
> indicate this in the package name.

For me, having GNUstep in the description, or even just indicated by the
dependencies is enough; again, though, I can see not everybody feels
this way, so I'll withdraw my criticism.

--
gram