Re: ITP: connect -- Frontend to pppd for GNUstep

W liście z wto, 08-06-2004, godz. 15:00, John Hasler pisze:
> Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> > Package: wnpp
> > Severity: wishlist
> >
> > * Package name    : connect
>
> Oliver writes:
> > Please, didn't we already have a discussion about the name space
> > pollution? I'd really suggest to use the prefix gnustep- or the like.
>
> I'll second that.

I second that too.

I would also like this situation to get fixed.  apt-cache search gnustep
shows other similar abuses, which unfortunatelly have already been let
into the archive:

imageviewer - Image Viewer for GNUstep
preferences - GNUstep Preferences application
terminal - Term Emulator for GNUstep
textedit - Basic text editor for GNUstep
viewpdf - Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer for GNUstep

OTOH I can also see more than 20 packages w/ "gnustep-*" prefix, which
I think is a good sign.  I think this convention should simply be
followed by more gnustep packages, especially the ones with generic
names.

gnustep-connect ? - makes sense for me.

Cheers,

			Grzegorz B. Prokopski