Re: ITP: connect -- Frontend to pppd for GNUstep

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> writes:
>> > Please, didn't we already have a discussion about the name space
>> > pollution? I'd really suggest to use the prefix gnustep- or the like.
>>
>> I'll second that.
>
> Not me. If the package is called that upstream, I see no reason for it
> not to be called the same thing in Debian.

This has been discussed at length before, but basically upstream seems
to pick names that make sense if you have _only_ gnustep installed on
your system, but which are quite confusing in the context of a more
general namespace like Debian's.

I'll add my name to those asking: _Please_ stop packaging gnustep stuff
with these absurdly over-general names.

[The maintainer's previous objection to using a "gnustep-" prefix was
just "Well these aren't _actually_ part of gnustep, they're just clients
that use it"; well, fine, use "gnustep-client-" instead, or whatever,
but please stop using such flimsy excuses to avoid the issue.]

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that