Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:09:50PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:01:35AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >> An idea is never counter-productive - only an implementation could
> >> be.
> >>
> >> Your point is solely based on your idea of such
> >> implementation.
> >
> > Do you have an implementation to share with us?
>
> No, I do not provide a working solution from scratch. I was just
> suggesting something.

Your suggestion is "I know you don't think it's possible, but I do, so
please pursue my idea for me".

Either provide a working solution (and prove it works), or shut up.
Thanks.

[...]
> The little I know about computing leads me to think, however, that
> writing a regexp that obfuscate address but not perl code is not
> something impossible.

It's been told you now, what, three times(?) that doing such a thing is
indeed impossible, by people who have tried.

If you insist that they're wrong, prove it. Don't blatter on endlessly
that you think it's possible. Put your money where your mouth is.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks