Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:21:10AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> I see no reason why the debian administrators should waste their time
> with these solutions when the end recipients should be quite capable
> of setting up their system with exactly the spam strictness that is
> appropriate for them.

Actually, unfortunately there is there is. My mail servers regularly reject
viruses that master.debian.org relays to me, and then it generates a bounce
and this goes through to me. In the last few weeks I got around 107 such
mails, 6.9 MB. If I had to directly pay for my bandwidth, I would have
a strong urge to become violent.

A very ironic example is the message below that I recently received.

----- Forwarded message from Harald Milz <xx@xxxxxx.xxx.xx> -----

Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 23:03:09 +0200