Re: libcurl2 7.12.0-1 breakage and its removal from unstable

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 12:31:25AM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 02:51:04AM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > Or he could of just simply uploaded a new version of the package as
> > libcurl3 instead of libcurl2 so everything could be recompiled against
> > it.
>
> problem is that as soon as libcurl3 hits unstable we have 48 RC bugs
> of packages that need to be rebuilt against new libcurl3.

Only if you upload it as the same source package, thereby allowing only
one of libcurl2 and libcurl3 to exist in the release. If you upload it
as a separate source package not sharing any binary package names, they
can coexist in a release.