Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 11:29:01PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Colin Watson wrote:
>> > This sort of thing is particularly noticeable in the GNU Arch list
>> > archives too, and makes it almost impossible to follow posts there that
>> > contain any archive names.
>>
>> We could obfuscate just the email addresses in From: fields. Just because
>> there are many ways to do it wrong does not mean it may not be done right.
>
> Considering that lots of people include their e-mail address in their
> .signature, I see no reason why that would reduce the level of invective
> directed at us.

That's their problem because it is completely up to them. On the
contrario, it is not up to them to put their address in the From:
field. If they don't, they will not get any replies.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |