Re: Lost Trust

Wouter Verhelst said:
> You're cheating.
>
> If you run a machine in some far away data center, you're an idiot if
> you do that with a development version of the OS.
>
> If you run Debian stable, you will not see this kind of stuff.
>
> So, you hypothetical situation is irrelevant.

A test case is still a test case.
Does the new kernel boot, and does it have network...
I can verify these irrespective of the the machines's location, obviously.
Yes I agree, you'd have to be stupid to run a development version on a co-lo.

How else do you iron stable into stable unless you bitch about stuff in
testing so it "just works.".

With that said, I assume the tg3 network card will start working again in
the 2.6.5 kernel.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman