Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 04:06:45 -0700
From: William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com>
To: Jens Schmalzing <j.s@lmu.de>
Cc: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org>,
	Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>,
	Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: NMU: kernel

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:51:39PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> This is the first time I hear about this, so I'm a bit surprised.
> Right now, Sven Luther and myself are maintaining the PowerPC
> kernel-image packages.  At least I intend to keep it that way.

My understanding is that the PowerPC port people listed are not
intended to maintain PowerPC exclusively, but rather are volunteers
for the team with specific interest in PowerPC.

I am very interested in following precedents, and that means that you
and Sven are not being challenged at all for PowerPC maintainership.
You will merely have new helpers with interests in PowerPC, and AFAICT
the time limitations they've spoken of are certain to limit whatever
they're on about to just that and not any kind of challenge to your
maintainership and so on.

I apologize for not enumerating the preexisting maintainers of various
architecture ports in the list of maintainers being recruited to help
with the debian kernel; I erroneously presumed only the new additions
would need to be discussed.

Thanks.

-- wli