Re: @debian.org email forwarding and SPF

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 04:26:31PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:09:43AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:09, Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> > > ?- valid sender addresses from domains without SPF enabled
> >
> > If spammers do that then it will provide a significant incentive for adding
> > SPF to all domains.
>
> Much like the significant incentive for rejecting all inbound
> mail. murphy receives a little more than twice as much spam than valid
> mail; if your argument held then we should simply pull the plug.

Actually that's wrong, but the real numbers only re-inforce your
point. Only ~3.5% of emails that hit murphy actually make in onto a
list. I've put up the breakdowns for the last two days on my
website[1] for people who want to see the breakdowns. I didn't count
in those numbers the ~21,000 that are addressed to an
un-existant user name @lists.debian.org.

If you think the numbers are scary, they're on basically the same
order of magnitude to what bugs.debian.org is dealing with.

	Cheers,

Pasc

[1]: http://www.redellipse.net/stuff/Debian/spam-counts.story