Re: @debian.org email forwarding and SPF

    Jeroen> Err, suppose that: - I have some ISP that only provides webmail
    Jeroen> -- now I need to go look there for bounces?  - I don't want
    Jeroen> bounces to go to some other box than my real replies - I have
    Jeroen> multiple people using email, using different accounts on my own
    Jeroen> server. But I have only one emailadress with my ISP. So now all
    Jeroen> bounces must be shared by everybody?  - I have an ISP that
    Jeroen> doesn't provide email at all?

If your ISP do not care such a thing, it will logically not publish a
stringent SPF record either.  So you will be able to do all the things like
sending mails all over the world, but you take the risk that you will get a
lot of stupid bounces saying that you sent somebody a virus (like what I'm
getting now).  In my understanding, the beauty of SPF is that it is
completely voluntary.  If you don't want it, just don't publish an SPF
record.  But there are a few exceptions to this, unluckily.

    Jeroen> In my own case, my ISP doesn't even provide email (everybody is
    Jeroen> supposed to use university mail or the like, but we _do_ have an
    Jeroen> outgoing SMTP server).

If your university does use SPF, then you'll not care whether your ISP
implement SMTP.  All your mail traffic will directly go to the university,
authenticated.

Regards,
Isaac.