Re: Don't understand the trouble with firmware !

On May 15, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:

> For example:	Thomson/Alcatel Speedtouch 330 USB...
>
> There is a package "speedtouch" and I have this USB-ADSL-Modem...
> So I had to download the mgmt.o from the Alcatel web-site.
How are users supposed to download the file needed to make their modem
work? Please do not assume they have another OS installed or they own a
PSTN modem.

(You actually choose a special case, because AFAIK we have no license to
distribute the Alcatel/Thompson firmwares even in non-free.)

--
ciao, |
Marco | [6304 stsfJpx6gUy5E]