Re: Spam in the lists out of control

* Carlos Perelló Marín:

> The problem is that we don't have a "decent ISP" in Spain.

You haven't got any local, small ISPs with responsible admins?  That's
tough.  It's hard to believe, too.

>> There is no reason to accept mail from mass-market ADSL subscribers.
>
> Why? because you say that?

Mass-market ADSL means lots of home users, which means unprotected
Windows machines, which means compromised machines, which means email
worms and spam, which means tons of useless email messages.

As soon as you pay by the volume, you really want to avoid all that
stuff.

> I understand the spammers IPs could be blocked, but why should be
> blocked all network range with IPs that does not sent SPAM?

If the ISP does not force customers to clean up their Windows
machines, a large fraction of the dial-up/DSL/cable modem space will
be infected.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, di-ve.com, hotmail.com,