Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Monday 10 May 2004 12.32, Eike "zyro" Sauer wrote:
> Santiago Vila schrieb:
> > lists.debian.org *already* runs spamassassin, and it already
> > eliminates most of the spam which is sent to the lists.
>
> Marco d'Itri and Rob Weir tell us they don't.
> What's true?

Nobody (that I saw) said spamassassin was not run. Spamassassin's
bayesian filter does not run. And maybe some of the scores (the HTML
related ones) are not optimized for the Debian lists (which are, thank
god, mostly HTML free.) And, I guess, the charset related things are
not configured optimally, either. If the spamassassin user is different
for the various lists, then each list could be configured to score
things in foreign character sets according to the expected language on
that list. (Disclaimer: I do not know anything about the spamassassin
setup on l.d.o. IANA{DD,L,...})

cheers
-- vbi

--