Status requests for GFDL talks (was Re: Social Contract GR's effect on sarge)

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:00:41PM +0200, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> I would think so too. I've mentioned in other messages I'm extremely
> frustrated by the fact this has taken so long. I know that everybody
> involved is.

	I think the point people are trying to make is that although you
(and the other Committee members) may not be able to give us insight on
the details of the "private conversations", you can give us status
updates regarding progress or lack thereof.  The dates and times, or
even locations of the meetings could be expressed with a brief summary
of your impressions.

	"The council met on DD MON YYYY and had a fairly (un)productive
session.  We covered PP% of the points of concern, but got hung up on a
particularily nasty issue.  We're working hard and hope to find
resolution by our next meeting on DD MON YYYY.  As stated before, I
cannot go over the details, but just wanted you all to know that we are
working to resolve this."

	Without this type of communication, "testing the [fishing]
line", how are we to know that Something Is Being Done? (Sorry,
Minnesota fishing reference is obligatory some times.)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/