On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:04:08 -0700, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> said:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 02:27:07AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> How much time does it take to take the ballot and diff it against
>> the web site, even if you do not have doc-debian installed?

> If you attempted this, you would have realized that the result is no
> more useful than full text of the GR for determining the specific
> changes.  (nearly every line is changed, and word-wrapped
> differently as well).

	I did a side by side reading, but yes, I did not do a
 wdiff. Shouldn't be hard, though, to reformat the docs; they are not
 large.

>> The GR has existed for four month now, and there was discussion
>> about these changes at the time of the non-free GR.  People who
>> ignore the voting web page, the RFD mail, and the three CFV's which
>> have the full text of the GR are nothing if not apathetic.

> Neither the CFVs nor http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_003
> provided a meaningful account of the changes between the previous
> Social Contract and the proposed one.

	But this provide the full text of the new SC, and the text is
only 50 lines or so.

> This would have been very helpful to those of us who don't read yet
> another mailing list, since weeks passed between the RFD mail (March
> 24th) and the First Call for votes (April 11th).

	If you are too lazy to look up the difference between two
 documents, each 50 lines long, I doubt that a word diff would have
 made much of a difference.

	manoj
 not a sponsor of the gr
--
Whoever has lived long enough to find out what life is, knows how deep
a debt of gratitude we owe to Adam, the first great benefactor of our