Hi Manoj,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:21:08PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	As far as I can see, the SC appleid to everything on the
>  debian CD, and to everything in main. The wording change merely made
>  that clear.
>
> 	Now, I have always believed that Debian was about freedom, and
>  all freedom -- not that just parts of Debian were free, and other
>  parts were not librè.  If you thiught that Debian should ship
>  non-free stuff in main, then yes, perhaps this is a big change for you.

I agree completely with you in this point.

> 	Personally, I find it hard to believe a whole bunch of debian
>  developers thought it natural to ship non-free bits in main.

Somehow the release manager seems to part of this bunch.
Or how else would he come to the conclusion that before the GR
it was ok to ship certain things in main and afterwards it is
not ok any more?  This I find a little bit frightening.

Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/