On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:51:50 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> said:

> [Manoj Srivastava]
>> Not very many of these people cared enough to make their views
>> known, in that case.

> Well, there is another explanation around as well, which at least a
> few of the people I talked to on IRC verified.  Several of these
> people did not realize that the change was substantial, because
> there were no rationale or explanation included in the vote
> document, and the title of the vote claimed that the change was only
> editorial.

> So perhaps they cared, but were not aware of the issue?

	As far as I can see, the SC appleid to everything on the
 debian CD, and to everything in main. The wording change merely made
 that clear.

	Now, I have always believed that Debian was about freedom, and
 all freedom -- not that just parts of Debian were free, and other
 parts were not librè.  If you thiught that Debian should ship
 non-free stuff in main, then yes, perhaps this is a big change for you.

	Personally, I find it hard to believe a whole bunch of debian
 developers thought it natural to ship non-free bits in main.

	manoj
--
"Just think of a computer as hardware you can program." Nigel de la
Tierre