Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:23:16AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > 	* many pieces of hardware will not be supported by the Debian system
> > > 	  itself
> > Since we already face this "problem" woody already due to new hardware
> > being incompatible with older one, only the number will grow.
>
> Joey, I realise you think this is the case, but it's not. It has been
> quite possible to separate firmware into userspace, without separating
> it into a separate package, or moving it to non-free.

I have noticed this.

Guess, this time you misunderstood me.

What I was trying to say is that some people already complain that it
is not possible to install woody on some machines, so it is nothing
new to us that some hardware is not supported by the released Debian
system.  Only the number of unsupported hardware will grow.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.