Re: The new broken world of 2.6, ALSA, and hotplug.

* Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> [040402 01:46]:
> And you are not a bit biased, no? I guess you never had to teach REAL newbies.

Well, I'm happy to hear your definition of "REAL newbie".
I had to cope with people I had to teach how to move a mouse, with 70
year olds that could only use the keyboard because it has similarity to a
typewriter. So I can only guess that you mean a long-time windows user
by that...

> > It's not hotplugs fault that kernel modules crashes, or that unloading
> > pcmcia modules hangs a computer or or or. But these are all problems you
> > do not have without hotplug. And while I agree the problems are really
> > something that should be fixed, running hotplug is simply a risky
>
> System security by obscurity? AMEN.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.