Re: Proposal: /etc/friendlynames

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 01:41:53PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 05:37:39AM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> > Aw, yer just a big meaniehead poopin on my good idea.
>
> I hope you have fun getting packages through the NEW queue.

You said that putting /etc/alternatives/pim and expecting
other people who provide /usr/bin/pim to do the same and conflicting
with people who don't was reasonable.  Are you changing your mind?

Or are you complaining about me not using my real name?

Or are you just making a joke about having a thick skin?

Since I've identified myself as the author of tupim, I'm not any worse
off getting a new package in than anybody else.  And since it's not
going to be called 'pim', what's the problem?  If nobody will accept
friendlynames (which, btw, I'm already almost finished with), then I'll
just build my thing without it, put it on sourceforge, and point people
to it.  I don't care if nobody uses it but me.  Which I've heard a time
or two about Debian.