Re: Proposal: /etc/friendlynames

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:16:29AM +0100, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Number Six <40311.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Okay?
>
> Yeah, let's spread confusion whenever posssible!
>
> 5 years from now, several users will discuss about their use of 'pim'.
> But *which* pim? (less importantly, it is ridiculous to have several
> packages conflict for such a non-reason).

You're dancing around the issue that some people are landgrabbing.

Funny, I heard about story on NPR this afternoon about landgrabbing in
San Paulo, and how if you just throw a tarp on a parking lot and stay
there for six years, eventually nobody can do anything about it.  They
were talking about the social implications of 90% of San Pauloans not
understanding the concept of a mortgage.  It's a social problem.
Societies need structure.  This is analogous.