Bizarre changelog entries in some gnome packages

I find changelog entries like those I am listing below to be very, very
unhelpful. They are truly bizarre. I do not want to have to piece
together changelog entries from loads of different packages to discover
some silly hidden message. Also, messages such as "GNOME suck" leave me
with the opinion that a package maintainer does not care for their
packages.  (Maybe if I pieced together all the bits I would get the real
context and see the funny joke).

I was under the impression (maybe I am wrong) that changelog entries
should say what the maintainer has changed since the last upload. I read
changelogs before upgrading packages (with apt-listchanges) because I
want to know what has changed and if there are any big changes for which
I should be prepared.

These entries certainly do not give me the impression that the package
maintainer is taking things seriously. Someone looking at these package
changelogs who does not know Debian already may well be put off ever
bothering to use it in case all maintainers are like this. A bit more
professionalism would be nice.

Thank you,

Stephen Quinney

=== bizarre changelog entries ===

libwnck (2.4.0.1-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * packages.

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:36:52
+0100

scrollkeeper (0.3.14-7) unstable; urgency=low

  * This will

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:40:46
+0100

startup-notification (0.5-6) unstable; urgency=low

  * certainly make

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:46:59
+0100

yelp (2.4.2-5) unstable; urgency=low

  * some people happy.

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:48:55
+0100

libgnomecanvas (2.4.0-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * more and

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:15:26
+0100

libgnomeui (2.4.0.1-8) unstable; urgency=low

  * my GNOME

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:26:58
+0100

libart-lgpl (2.3.16-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * I wrote.

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:06:24
+0100

libgnome (2.4.0-6) unstable; urgency=low

  * GNOME suck

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:12:29
+0100
gnome-desktop (2.4.1-7) unstable; urgency=low

  * Debian.changelog.gz in

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:36:08
+0100

gnome-panel (2.4.2-4) unstable; urgency=low

  * the right

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:39:39
+0100

gnome-session (2.4.2-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * order to

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:50:59
+0100

gnome-session (2.4.2-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.

 -- Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>  Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:47:13
+0100