Re: ppp bug and maintainer's negative attitude

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 08:45:09PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 19, Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> wrote:
>
> > Herbert stated in #175480 that this problem was "tripping a lot of
> > people running 2.4.18 and later".
> >
> > Is there any problem why an upload of ppp with the patch from #175480
> > to stable-proposed-updates would cause problems?
> This is not my opinion: I do not consider the bug so much widespread nor
> I consider it a security risk. It has been present since a very long
> time and obviously so far nobody else has felt the need for a security
> update.

I'd agree that it's questionable whether it's a security issue, but
"machine is no longer able to respond" is also a bug that should be
fixed.

> Anyway I'm not opposed to a backport as long as I do not have to do it
> myself or support it later.

I was not talking about a backport.

I was talking about a new upload for stable with only the fix for this
bug added.

> ciao, |
> Marco | [5201 sbzVaHsIEJS0A]

cu