Re: [OT] Linux Distributions Guide

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 12:10:47PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Moin Andreas!
> Andreas Tille schrieb am Donnerstag, den 18. März 2004:
>
> > ... The end result is that each distribution has its own personality,
> > and some distributions are better suited to some tasks than others.
>
> His statement about the installer not wanting to install into a logical
> partition is pure crap. dbootstrap suggests to install into MBR or
> exactly the partition that was used as the target /.

Note that he is talking about Debian 2.2 in this paragraph.

I don't recall such details of this installer.

But I don't know what's so special about this article:

Someone talks a bit about his experiences with the latest versions of
several distributions plus some experiences with older releases like
Debian 2.2 or SuSE 8.1 .

I didn't see anything that made it that special from hundreds of other
reviews of different Linuxx distributions.

> Regards,
> Eduard.

cu
Adrian