Re: check for Sarge or Sid

In article <[🔎] 20040315011919.GA10238@lsc.hu> you write:
>Hi,
>
> I have to implement a test, which would say Sarge on a testing box and
>Sid on an unstable one. How can I achieve this? /etc/debian_version
>contins the same on both (no suprise here).

Are you actually going to be able to do anything useful with this? A
sid box may become a sarge box over time without any admin
intervention as the packages installed move into testing. This makes
detecting the difference easier said than done...

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]