Re: ITH: gdm -- GNOME Display Manager

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 05:17:45PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Damn it.  The same damn problem, over and over again -- "I won't fix it, and
> I won't let you fix it either!"
>
> So, if I were a DD, I would vote for the DPL candidate who promised a
> solution for that attitude, if there was one.  :-P

To be fair, there has been a noticable and consistent move towards
comaintainership and team-based development as of the past few years in
Debian. As far as I can see, it's only been beneficial. I'm personally
very impressed with the end product of the Gnome team, and from what I
hear the KDE team is doing a good job as well. The XSF has been opening
up, and d-i is perhaps the perfect example of how beneficial a
team-based approach can be. Of course, the other teams seem to be doing
an outstanding job as well.

For all the bitching about this sort of thing, I only see progress.

 - David Nusinow