Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:36:49 +0100, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> said:

> also sprach Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2004.02.28.1648
> +0100]:
>> I would think that the US has as many developers as europe -- so
>> why not have the next dpkg conference in TeXas, and see how the
>> shoe fits?

> I'd rather not have my identity scrutinised by Immigration and
> *Naturalisation* _Services_.

	And I would be scuritnized and made to answer 20 questions to
 even get to England. Heck, returnng from India once, weather had
 caused us to misss the connectng flight to the US, and we were stuck
 in Schipol for 22 hours, I saw the authorities *refuse* let a family
 from Bangladesh go to the airline provided Hotel (though they had a
 US Green Card and passage on the flight the next day). This though
 they were travelling with a baby and small children, and the airport
 is not geared for long stays (no place to sleep, etc).

	Since US develoeprs were not invited to these sekrit european
 meetings, perhaps the INS issue  can be dimissed equally high
 handedly.

> Don't forget that no developer of Middle Eastern descent, nor any
> Cuban will be able to participate in Texas, for they are dangerous
> terrorists.

	Do we even have Cuban developers? And do we have cuban dpkg
 developers? (hint: we have a Texan who develops dpkg)

>> > and it's easy to get to from Europe.
>>
>> And harder to get to from the US. I would find it much easier to
>> make TeXas than London.

> I would find it much easier to make London than anywhere in the US.

	And?

	manoj
--
Contemptuous lights flashed flashed across the computer's
console. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy