ITH: gdm -- GNOME Display Manager

I intend to hijack the GDM package. It has several issues that should be
dealt with before sarge releases, and many long-standing open bugs.
This is not an ultimatum. I don't like ultimatums. I just want to take
care of this package's maintenance, with the GNOME team as
co-maintainers, unless there are serious objections.

Ryan, I'm not questioning the quality of your work; when working on the
sources, I had to admit it was excellent. I just want the best for our
users, and you really seem too busy at the moment to take care of this
package.

I have kept the patches and ported them to a repackaged GDM tree that
already lies in the pkg-gnome subversion repository on alioth. If
everything's fine, I'll upload gdm 2.4.4.7-1 in a few days.

Regards,