Re: problem with bugzilla after editing template

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:32:54PM +0100, R?mi Perrot wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 04:04:54PM -0700, Thomas E.
> Vaughan wrote:
>
> > I get this no matter what I do.  I found the
> > README.Debian file, which says to use
> > /var/lib/bugzilla/template/en/custom instead.  No luck.
> > Cleaning up everything and running checksetup.pl again
> > does not fix the problem.  Sorry, but I feel as though I
> > am an idiot, and I hope for direction on what to try
> > next.
>
> I see nothing obvious, except not having run checksetup.pl
> as root.

Actually, I *did* run checksetup.pl as root, but that in
fact seems to be the problem.

checksetup.pl writes /var/lib/bugzilla/data/params, the
apparently missing file that causes the failure in the
compilation of index.cgi.  The file, of course, exists, and
it it in the right place, but after I run checksetup.pl as
root, /var/lib/bugzilla/data/params is owned by root.  It
needs to be owned by www-data.

I think that this should be mentioned in README.Debian, at
least.

> I suggest you enter your support request in
> https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-bugzilla/

Do you still want me to do this?

--
Thomas E. Vaughan   (303) 939-6386   Ball Aerospace, Boulder