Re: problem with defoma and non-GTK/KDE apps

Arne Goetje <20030910antispam@gmx.net> wrote:

> However, when I link the truetype fonts
> to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType and create the fonts.scale and
> fonts.dir manually and put this path into the X-config instead of the
> defoma path, xfontsel can start and also shows the truetype fonts. Xcin
> however cannot find any iso10646-1 font... strange.

I have no specific advice to give you, but in your place, I would
attempt to reproduce the situation that "works" (with fonts.dir and such
files created "manually", as you said) in a directory (under ~/tmp or
whatever) containing only links to the problematic fonts and minimal
working fonts.{dir,alias,scale} and encodings.dir for these fonts.
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType should be removed from
the X font path for this test and the fonts should not be X-accessible
from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType either.

Then, use "xset fp+ directory" and "xset fp rehash" and verify that you
can use the fonts as you like.

After that, you can compare the working fonts.{dir,scale,alias} and
encodings.dir with the ones generated by x-ttcidfont-conf under
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType. Then you will probably
find a bug in either x-ttcidfont-conf or the package(s) that register(s)
the fonts to defoma (since it is defoma that makes x-ttcidfont-conf
know about the fonts).

--
Florent