Re: P4 optimized Debian GNU/Linux?

Bas Zoetekouw wrote:

| IIRC, the conclusion was "show us the numbers".

Bah, numbers are easy to come by.  /Meaningful/ numbers are what might
be interesting.

Some people from my LUG compared the speed of Mandrake to Debian to a
P4-optimised Gentoo for various tasks a while ago.  I seem to remember
that for most of their tests there was bugger-all difference: < 10%;
and where there /was/ a difference, it was mostly due to different
versions of software being used.  I've no idea how meaningful or
statistically significant their testing was either, either.

Cameron.