Re: Bug #194195 prevents XFCE4 from entering testing

Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> writes:

> Salut Martin!
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:34:11PM +0100, Martin Loschwitz wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 01:04:37PM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > > Well the maintainer has said in that bug that "the whole XFce4" will
> > > be removed from sarge which seems a shame.
> > > Why is that?
> > Because I do not consider XFce4 to be ready for testing in the state
> > it is at the moment. Anyway. Norbert said he was going to take care of
> > the problems as co-maintainer (and update the whole thing to 4.0.3.1
> > while he is at it) -- quite a large thanks to him for this. I think
> > that once the RC-Bugs we know about right now are fixed, XFce4 could
> > be released with Sarge.
>
> Did anyone have a chance to look at this?  Is Sarge going to release
> without xfce4?
>
> Do you have packages I can help test?  Is it just a case of updating the
> source tarball, checking it still builds in an unstable chroot and
> uploading?  I can do the first two if that's helpful and then test which
> bugs are covered off by it.
>
> Simon.

Several xfce4 package fail with missing libs. From a casual
investigation I gathered that one of the -dev packages should Depend
on others to be of any use. Martin thought that each source should
Build-Depend on the missing -dev package themself. A detailed look at
the packages and the config.log files could reveal whats more
right[tm].

Iirc he would accept patches / NMUs with the 'missing' Build-Depends
added to each failed source package. The other way would need some
convinving argument.

Have a look at the buildd logs for the various xfce4 packages and the
bug list for more details.

MfG
        Goswin