Re: serious problems with Mr. Troup

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 03:52:43AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I can't say it's much different in effect from a sponsored upload, either --

It's accepted practice for people to do sponsored uploads, and the
requirements for the sponsor are fairly clear: check over the package
in detail, build it yourself, and upload it with the Maintainer: field
in the .deb set to the sponsee.

There's no corresponding accepted practice for "sponsored posts" to d-d-a
ttbomk, and I certainly can't find any examples of it in the last twelve
months. There's also no reason for it: you don't have to "maintain" a post
to a mailing list, so the rationale that you don't have time to support the
post later doesn't hold up.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.