> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:40:49PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > We WILL NOT reject for:
> >  - Political opinions
>
> Err, yes we will. That's what the philosophy ("Do you agree with the
> social contract?") tests are all about. Do we really want to give people
> who think, say, "Free software is evil" the ability to vote the rest of
> us out of the project?

Great misquote:

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:40:49PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:

|We MAY reject for:
|
| - Poor quality of technical skills
| - Lack of agreement with Debian principles
|
|We WILL NOT reject for:
|
| - Political opinions

Not agreeing with the philosophy certainly falls under "Lack of
agreement with Debian principles". Political opinion is more like "I
don't like how James handles wanna-build".

On the other hand, someone that fails the two "may" reasons above
should have never gotten past the AM. If the DAM finds a mistake has
been made there that should be discussed with the AM and/or the
nm-committee depending on details. If some detail was unclear or left
out the NM should have a chance to clear things up too.

MfG
        Goswin