Spam on lists? [was: Re: serious problems with Mr. Troup]

[Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> - 18:42 Saturday Feb 21]:

> Funny. Do you really care about list abuse? Then please fix Bug #228228,
> which is the cause for nearly HALF of the spam we receive.

Regarding your bug, #228228, I've never seen the listmasters claim to
run razor over the email lists - I don't believe it to be a bug to not
be doing something you never claimed to be.

I'd also like to point out that the listmasters are responsible for
blocking an insane amount of spam from hitting our lists, and I think
they should be congratulated. Sure, maybe one or two emails might slip
through, but compared to the number they block, it is nearly
statistically insignificant.

The graphs that Pasc has provided make this pretty clear. For
debian-devel[1], on some days, the amount of blocked spam can be as
much as nearly four times the number of messages that went through to
the list.

[1]: http://murphy.debian.org/~pasc/spam-dd.png

--
 <http://www.debian.org/>