Re: Some problems with Mr. Towns as well

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:33:41PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Although I'm not contrary to the announced disciplinary sanction, I find
> the tone of the announcement disturbing.

> I consider messages styled like "Daddy caught you with a finger in the
> jam" cute and funny in communities where the audience is a small group
> of friends; much less so on a stage, in front of a public of a thousand
> people and more.

And what is your impression when someone takes an internal dispute being
discussed among a mere thousand developers, and forwards it to an
announcement list with tens of thousands of subscribers for no apparent
reason?

> A simple "The account xxx has been suspended following event yyy
> according to policy zzz" would have done the job just as fine, but
> without disrespect for the people involved.

You would rather that Bastian's account were suspended, instead of AJ
commenting on how this act could be interpreted as grounds for
suspension?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer