Re: Why Linux, Why Debian

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 06:51, Sneferu wrote:
> At 01:11 PM 2/19/2004, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> > >  9) Does the gentoo configurability deliver significantly better
> > >     performance?

The improvement might overall is generally overall less than 1%.
Specific program can benefit greatly, like Lame or Ogg encoders or
mplayer... which have specifically compiled packages for those
platforms... even Kernel Images do this.

> If you put X on it yes, performance is better. In text mode there is not
> difference.

I would have to argue against this. Show me the proof that it is. For
every instance you show, I can show you the proof it is bullocks.

Negligible at best.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup