Re: Debian needs more buildds. It has offers. They aren't beingaccepted.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:22:05AM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:02:40AM +0100, Bernd S. Brentrup wrote:
>
> > > Well, the data I used is surely not invented here, but the general
> > > information layout of the page is indeed invented by the m68k port, namely
> > > Rick Younie. :) But that's mentioned in the buildd.net FAQ as well... ;)
> > While I certainly don't agree with your conclusions, let me express
> > my gratitude for your donation. But please change the 1st sentence
> > to make clear that your site is not an official Debian one even to
> > the uninitiated.
>
> Well, official Debian project machines are usually hosted within the
> *.debian.org namespace. buildd.net is obviously not within that namespace.
> But maybe I can put it in the FAQ on buildd.net...

Well, if a polite request isn't honored, let me state it clearer:

% lynx -dump http://www.buildd.net/ | head -n 4
!
!                               www.buildd.net
!
!   Welcome to the Debian autobuild system.

(With GUI browsers this is even boldface).

What the heck gives you any right for this statement? You're only
using data from the Debian autobuild system.

Your suggestion to put a note in the FAQ seems just in line with your
other articles in this way too long thread.

Thanks
. Siggy