Re: Debian needs more buildds. It has offers. They aren't beingaccepted.

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 05:54:30PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>
> > In re buildds, and in declining order of importance:
> > * I'd like a quick, public reply to questions sent to the port mailing lists
> > like "Why hasn't qt-x11-free built on mipsel despite being first in the queue
> > for weeks?"
>
> Obviously it was in weak-no-auto-build. That's fairly ok when there is no
> huge backlog. So the question is more, why the buildd admin realised that
> problem and didn't act on it?

Our DPL realised the problem (Took 6 mails, 3 each, and didn't take a
day I think. Thats communication.), not the buildd admin. I haven't seen
any indication yet that the configuration was changed, the next
qt-x11-free upload will tell.

> > * I'd like to see 'building' packages which failed to build
> > requeued/dep-waited/failed every two weeks (or more often, of course)
>
> Uh? You mean a list of now-building packages that were broken two weeks ago?
> Something like a diff for failed/dep-wait list with building/needs-build?

No, the admin should process the failed build within two weaks or
arange for some help. (Thats what you ment, right?)

> --
> Ciao...              //
>       Ingo         \X/

MfG