Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 09:57:11PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> I love Python (partly because of that very same reason) *but* the
> choice of a programming language, for a practical task (not an
> academic assignment) should not only depend on intrinsic
> characteristics of the language but also on other things:
>
> * the abundance of high-quality (tested, documented and used in the
> real world) libraries for various tasks (Perl and the CPAN are clear
> winners in that respect).

about abundance CPAN clearly wins. but if you talk about high-quality
IMHO the winner is not as clear as you are selling...

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50