Re: OT: Being and acting [Was: Re: Talking to each other]

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 07:01, Nano Nano wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 08:43:32PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Mathieu Roy:
> > > Matthias Urlichs:
> > >
> > > I'm not sure to understand what you mean. By no way "acting" is equal
> > > to "being".
> >
> > I didn't say it's equal. I said that you may not be aware of the
> > difference between the two phrases, emotionally, if/when somebody says
> > one of them to you.
> >
> > I know that from personal experience. :-/
>
> The again, as those lost in their own minds will tell you, to act "as
> if" and "to be" are the same.  If you can't be it, act like it -- and
> you will be it.

"Acting as if" to recreate yourself ('raise your consciousness',
'improve your phisiology', or whatever you want to call it), is
different to "acting like an idiot" in a calculated way.

However 'acting like an idiot' without realising you are doing so (ie.
in an uncalculated way) may in fact be 'being' an idiot.

cheers
zen