Re: ntp 4.2.0 in experimental

On Sunday 15 February 2004 04.06, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> pool.ntp.org as their NTP
> server, which is the default we're shipping with

*applause* :-)

Is there any chance some DD can kick some machine administrators to allow me
to include Debian machines in the pool? I asked several times (2 or 3, I
don't remember), and got exactly *two* answers: one, that I'd have to ask the
machine admins (I asked on the debian-admin mailing list, which I guessed
should be the list where the machine admins hang out...), and one from a m68k
buildd admin who thought that it'd be better not to include that m68k into
the pool (reasonable, in my book) as it is not a very fast machine.

So, again: may I use any Debian machines in the pool? Most are using ntp
anyway, and have it open to the world already, so nothing needs to be done at
all. (I just had a quick look at master, gluck, klecker, raff, auric, saens).

If I may use these (or some other) machines, please send me a short note,
including the country where the machine is located (so that I can also
include the machine into the cc.pool.ntp.org and continent.pool.ntp.org
subzone).

More infos: http://www.pool.ntp.org

Thank you & greetings
-- vbi